橫折_

酒是喜劇,威士忌是悲劇。

《先知》【论友谊】节选

And a youth said, "Speak to us of Friendship."

一个青年说,请为我们讲讲友谊。

Your friend is your needs answered.

他回答道:你的朋友是对你需求的回答。

He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.他是你的土地,你带着爱播种,带着感激的心清收获。

And he is your board and yourfireside. For you come to him with your hunger, and you seek him for peace.他是你的餐桌,你的炉灶,你饥饿时来到他身边,向他寻求安宁。

When your friend speaks his mindyou fear not the "nay" in your own mind, nor do you withhold the"ay."

当你的朋友倾诉他的心曲,你不会害怕自己心中的“不”,也不会掩抑你心中的“是”。

And when he is silent your heart ceases not to listen to his heart;当他默默无言时,你的心也不会停止倾听他的心;

For without words, in friendship,all thoughts, all desires, all expectations are born and shared, with joy that is unacclaimed.因为在友谊的不言中,所有的思想、所有的欲望、所有的期盼带着无声的欢乐同生共享。

When you part from your friend,you grieve not;在与朋友分别时,你也不会悲伤;

For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearerfrom the plain.因为当他不在身边时,他身上最为你所珍爱的东西会显得更加醒目,就像山峰对于平原上的登山者显得格外清晰。 


                                                              ——纪伯伦《先知》【论友谊】


评论 ( 2 )
热度 ( 3 )

© 橫折_ | Powered by LOFTER